Tuesday, January 30, 2007

WHO ARE YOU?

A friend of mine sent a list of fun questions and I got it this morning. This is just for fun, but it helps to make you think about yourself. See how you would answer these (I'll let you read my answers):


What time is it? 10:18 a.m.
What's your name? Caroline
What are you most afraid of? Ooooh, I don know. What about snakes, granddaddy long legs, the dark when I'm nervous, IRS (laugh), rejection.

What do you drive? Caddy, jeep
What would you like to drive? Oh, boy, this is gonna be fun! A new beamer, or some kind of fancy sports cars, or anything fast, glamourous, and beautiful. I love cars! Or maybe even an antique. I love cars!

Have you ever seen a ghost? Nooo, but I thought I did one time!
Where were you born? In a doctor's office.
Ever been to Alaska? Now that's downright mean! I've always wanted to go. Anyone want to sponsor me? I'll make it a researching work vacation!

Ever done toilet paper decorating in a tree? No, but I participated in making a fun wedding gown out of toilet paper once at a shower. Blame my sister-in-law for that one!

Which do you like: croutons or bacon bits? Don't make me choose. I like both.
Favorite day of the week? Any day that I'm alive!
Favorite restaurant? Any with good food. I kind of like that ritzy one we ate at in Chicago with friends. Don't ask me the name.

Favorite flower? Anything that blooms (tongue in cheek) Besides, if I listed them all, I'd have to ask how much time do you have?

Favorite drink? Water? Any speciality restuarant drinks (non-alcoholic, of course!)

Favorite Ice Cream? Hmmm. I love DQ's strawberry cheesecake blizzards!
Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy's?
What color is your bedroom carpet? Off-white
What are your favorite colors? Blue, green, purple combinations. I like combinations!

How many times did you fail your driver's test? None! I wowed them with my driving ability. Something along the lines of JC's driving ability. Take note, Arlene and Saundra! Grin.

What do you do when bored? Complain (just kidding! Sort of.) Read, write, talk to hubby, go somewhere! Invite friends over, coax hubby to help out with a project! Shop!

Bedtime? Anywhere between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. (Usually)
Rising time? Normally --- 5:30 or 6 a.m.
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would that be? President Bush, maybe a favorite writer.

What's your favorite chore? What did you say? I can't hear you. The only thing I can think of that anyway resembles work that I like to do is writing, gardening, working out with hubby, or helping him on a project I want done. Anything else falls under the when-I-get-rich-I'll-hire-a-housemaid chore.

What's your least favorite? Okay, I warned you not to ask me these kind of things. Here's the list: dusting, sweeping, mopping, window washing, bathroom cleaning, dishes, laundry, cooking. Did I leave anything out? (Are you guys still gonna be my friends when this list is over?)

How many tattoos do you have? That's personal, but I'll give you a hint. From one to ten: the number is before one and after ten. (For the math non-wizards, (like me) that's 0).

How many pets? One horse, one cow (for now), four dogs, five cats, one fish (if he survived the winter), numerous wild animals.

If you could choose one animal you'd like to have, wild or domestic, what would that be? An elephant.

Which came first: the chicken or the egg? How dumb do you think I am? The chicken, of course!

What would you like to accomplish before you die? This is my second most wished for (I won't tell you the first. Gotta keep you guessing): Have bunches and bunches of books published.



Looking-forward-to-Sweetheart-Month hint (grin):
My friend Ann suggested this hint in a recent email. So I thought: several times through February, I'll give you some suggestions on making these beautiful gifts. Here's today's which happens to take a smaller container:

Choose a pretty jar. Have you seen some of them from the cheap stores? Beautiful! Tie with ribbon. Add artificial flowers or greenery, the recipe, or some other type of decoration.

Beef Barley Soup Mix

1 pint container

3/4 C medium pearl barley, divided
1/2 C dried lentils
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/4 C dried minced onions
1/4 C instant beef bouillon powder
2 tsp. dried celery flakes
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. dried minced garlic

Layer (you might want to combine a few of them) soup kit ingredients in the pint container in order listed, using half of the barley first and then the remaining barley at the top. Close container securely.

Here is the cooking instructions to attach:

BEEF BARLEY SOUP

1 jar Beef Barley Soup Mix
2 lb. boneless beef chuck, cut into ½ to 3/4-inch pieces OR 2 lb. lean ground beef
1 T vegetable oil
10 cups water

Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat and brown the meat. Pour off drippings. Add the contents of the soup mix and water to the Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork tender. Discard bay leaves.

YIELD: 8 servings


Quote:
Celebration is more than a happy feeling. Celebration is an experience. It is liking others, accepting others, laughing with others. --Douglas R. Stuva


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...