- According to the National Assessment of Education Progress' latest report, 64% of all eighth-grade students are unable to read proficiently.
- 82% percent of black students and 77% of Hispanic students are not reading proficiently.
- More than 30 million Americans cannot read or write above a third-grade level.
- 85% of the juveniles in the court system are functionally illiterate, as are 60% of prison inmates.
- The reading gap between boys and girls increases as they age. By 12th grade girls are two times more likely to score higher on reading tests than boys.
Thank you so much for joining us Nick (and Eddie)!!