Friday, March 02, 2007

Real Love . . .

I know this couple that displays their . . . affection? love? sexual needs? something . . . in public.
Does that sound like I'm coming across as a prude? Nope. Not at all.

(Now I want to be careful. Explanation: I write this blog backwards. From the bottom up. You didn't know that? Anyhow, since I wrote in the hint section about possibly making a list for men . . . well, you get the drift, I don't want to name all the things necessary for a man to keep his companion's love, here, and right now.)

So, with that out of the way . . . back to the first paragraph. Is a display necessary to declare a couple's feelings for each other?

I like honesty and not caring what others think about you . . . to a certain degree. I like the small, warm and caring things that one of a couple does for the other. I like not being afraid to show the world that I love my man and he loves me.

But I do despise a show for just a show. People trying to convince friends that their love is the greatest, that their feelings are deeper because of the display they're putting on. As if a display is needed to prove they have love.

Love should be precious, cherishable. When it comes to a person, don't handle it lightly. It's not--in spite of all the comments, songs, and jokes--a joke. It's a beautiful thing.

I like the quietness in my hubby's manner, that confidence that he doesn't have to lay it all out there for the world's inspection. He knows what he feels, he shows it to me. He lets others know it when he wants to. He respects me, uses manners, and--I believe--cherishes me. He strives to fulfill my wants, needs and desires. Is that not a greater love than (in my opinion) the cheap display that's put on, for display sake only?

Where's the confidence that comes with knowing you love and are loved?





Okay. I know that Valentine's Day has passed. I know many people aren't into "romance." But does it ever hurt to cultivate it? To encourage it? It's a good way to keep that love of a man! Although this is aimed at women, some of you men could write your own list. (Want me to do it for you? Now that's an idea . . . for later! Laugh!):

A B C's of Being a Help Meet

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

Admit when you are wrong
Be positive
Cuddle
Do it his way
Encourage him
Fix his breakfast
Give back rubs
Hug often
"I love you" should be said many times daily
Joke around in a playful manner
Know his needs
Listen to him
Manage your home well
Never hold grudges
Open your eyes in the morning and smile
Pray for him
Quit nagging him
Reminisce about good times
Show respect and honor
Trust, and earn his trust
Understand his need for reverence
Vulnerability is a feminine trait; cultivate it
Wink at him!
X is for private times
Yearn to please him
Zealously guard him with your love

And enjoy your love together "through the years."


Quote:
Love puts the fun in together . . . the sad in apart . . . the hope in tomorrow . . . the joy in a heart.



Blessings.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Whoa! You made my day. SMILE GREAT BIG! But then what can I expect from friends like you?

P.S. I'm afraid I'm guilty of thinking my hubby is the greatest (well, at least most of the time.)

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...