Friday, June 01, 2007

Five Minutes

What can I do in five minutes?
  • Make a list (Yeah, well, I had to start with something . . .).
  • Give each of my pets a pat on the head (important!).
  • Walk down my driveway and back (long and hilly).
  • Create a delicious sandwich (providing the ingredients are in the frig).
  • Talk on the phone (that's about as long as my interest lasts. Sorry, I'm no phone-body).
  • Read the directions for something technical (if I don't get it by then, I run screaming for help. Directions has to be the most boring material in the universe!)
  • Warm the car in winter (Sometimes it takes longer, but we won't go there.)
  • Read an email, letter, or something else nice ('cause I read it over and over to get the depth of it . . . you know?)
  • Write two thank you notes (how many does that make this week? Sigh.)
  • Get dressed when in a hurry! (I mean, when we're running into town for a quick bite).
  • Open car door, collect gear, walk to office, open office door, walk to office, turn on light, turn on computer . . . (It's gotta be done!)
  • Clean toilet (dump in cleaning solvent, grab brush, swirl water with a little pressure, flush toilet, grab rag, apply cleaning solution, wipe down outside. (NOT my favorite job, but not as bad as some things).
  • Open Bible, choose verse, meditate (if I let it, it will influence my whole day!).
  • Quick prayer to make a choice, find an answer, strength (works).
  • Call two people and wish them a good day. (Anyone on the phone calling me? Smile.)




Wacky hints you'd never think of:
  1. Outdoor eating? Place a chewed piece of mint flavored gum on your paper plate to discourage flies.
  2. Soothe insect bites with Alka-Seltzer.
  3. Shave with Reddi-wip.
  4. Style hair with Jell-O.
  5. Clean toilet bowls with Coca-Cola.
  6. Remove dead skin with Miracle Whip.


Another interesting tidbit about upcoming Interviewee Teresa Slack
(next week, Friday, June 8):
She's never started a book that she's not finished!

Wow!





Quote:

When we recall the past, we usually find that it is the simplest things--not the great occasions--that in retrospect give off the greatest glow of happiness.
-- Bob Hope


Blessings.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...