Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Woof!


A Rough Collie

  • As you know, we adopted Noah, our BIG collie dog this spring. He is such a sweetheart and a big baby. If you pet him, he'll literally lay on you. Taffy, our little squirt, growls (from jealousy) and tries to stand between him and us. She's so possessive!
Anyhow, the other night I got my bread machine out and turned it on. Noah must not have been able to figure out what that weird noise was, because he kept growling and barking! I tried to coax him over to it to show him it was not an unseen monster, but he wouldn't go. I think he was afraid!


He's an outside dog, but because he has such a heavy coat of hair, I feel sorry for him, and allow him in some when the temperature is extremely hot. I know, I'm a softie.

Then last night we had a storm with thunder, lightning and rain. Noah must have thought a big-foot monster was coming, 'cause he kept growling at the thunder rolls. What a dog! But I already adore him. Sigh. Me and my animals.


  • A few weeks ago we heard the Red tail hawk's babies crying for food. Loved the sound and would have loved seeing those babies!


  • On another note, we've got a calf. It was on again, off again, on whether this strange cow was pregnant or not. But toward to the end, hubby kept saying, hmmm, the signs are she's pregnant. Sure enough, I came home one day this spring, and there was this little chocolate coated calf beside her. Darling creature!





  • Sunday, the blue jays swooping and squawking in their raucous voices. I walked out to my big flower garden and in one of my cherry trees sat a baby blue jay, making his first foray into flying. Or at least, he was thinking of it. He sat forever on that little branch. I ran out to rescue him once from Sandy (the cat) and risked getting my head pecked from Mama and Papa Blue jay. He finally rallied enough courage to take off.



A hummingbird and his flowers

  • And last, but not least, from the animal front: I saw a hummingbird Monday, when I worked in my garden. I've been meaning to get a couple feeders, but kept putting it off. Now that item is at the top of my list! I love hummers!



Attention, Ann and Livia: As you know we had a tie for the Father's Day Contest. To try to break that, I've prepared questions from my previous blogs. See how many you can answer. You can look back if you want. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
  1. Name two things that cause moodiness (good or bad) in me.
  2. What color of elephant do I want?
  3. Which of my pets do I claim was God-sent?
  4. How many pets do I have?
  5. What's a favorite dessert of mine?
  6. What bird did hubby and I enjoy watching this spring?
  7. What kind of hat would I love to have?
  8. Name one thing I'm afraid of.
  9. What sandwich is one of my favs?
  10. How much money would I give to each of mine and hubby's brothers and sisters if I were a millionaire?
Remember: I'm looking for specific answers. Send them to me by email, comment, or phone. Best!




And today for fun I've got a new breakfast (or use it anytime!) item for you. If you love fruit, you'll sure to love this.

Fun Fruit Kabobs

Ingredients:

  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • 1/3 c. red seedless grapes
  • 1/3 c. green seedless grapes
  • 2/3 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup nonfat yogurt
  • 1/4 c. dried coconut, shredded
Notes:
  • Use any fruit you like!
  • Instead of coconut, use granola, nuts, or raisins ( or use your imagination).

Directions:

  1. Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares, peeling the bananas and cutting them into chunks, and cutting the pineapple into chunks, if it's fresh. Put the fruit onto a large plate.
  2. Spread coconut onto another large plate.
  3. Slide pieces of fruit onto the skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
  4. Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
  5. Repeat these steps with another skewer.
Then enjoy!



Quote:
Time is not a line, but a series of NOW points. --Taisen Deshimaru


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...