Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Everyday Insanity

And it's catching!

There are some days that nothing seems to go right. I end up questioning my sanity and most of those I come in contact with and a few I never even see--just out of frustration.

Frustrations:
  • Overslept about a half hour--which I need, to feel like I've got time to get my day going right.
  • Too much mail to get ready to go out.
  • Material for envelope refuses to go in! EEEK!
  • Can't find a journal I need.
  • At bank, asked teller -- via deposit slip -- to deposit an extra $200 to our account. Fortunately, she knows me and sympathized with my morning!
  • Not able to get my mile walk in.
  • Unable to stop by the store this morning.
  • Too many things to do today; can't possibly get them all done.
  • Tired from a hard day yesterday, traveling.
  • Book I ordered, haven't received.

But . . .
Had a wonderfully creative weekend with lots of writing and editing done! Love it when genius bubbles like a hot spring!

Here's a funny tale. I'm afraid I qualify! Laugh.

The Bathtub Test
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the director what the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub.

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No," said the director. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

What would your answer have been?




Here are some more handy hints for around the house. Use with your own discernment!:

  • Blood stains on clothes? Us a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth & wipe off.
  • Permanent marker on appliances or counter tops? Rubbing alcohol on a paper towel will do the trick.
  • A new box of SOS pads? Cut in half & have twice as many. Usually you only use part of one before it goes bad.
  • Streaks on windows? Use vertical swipes on outside of windows; horizontal on inside. That way you can tell which side as the streaks. Vinegar gets windows really clean and don't wash on a sunny day. Windows dry too quickly.
  • Spray a bit of perfume on a light bulb; lovely scent!


Cindy Woodsmall Trivia:
Book One (out now) "When the Heart Cries"
Book Two (out in Sepember '07) "When the Morning Comes"

If you like Amish stories, check out her books. And her interview on Friday, July 13th!


Congratulations, Ann, who was the winner of the Father's Day Mystery Story contest! She won a $10 certificate from Bob Evans! Good work, Ann!



Quote:
Some things cannot be spoken or discovered until we have been stuck, incapacitated, or blown off course for awhile. Plain sailing is pleasant, but you are not going to explore many unknown realms that way. --David Whyte


Blessings

2 comments:

Yumanbing said...

I'll take a bed by the window.

Caroline said...

Weathering the storms there? My bed's already made! Laugh

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...