Friday, August 17, 2007

One Down. More to Go.


I make lists. That's one way for me to stay sane. I hate chaotic, messy, and jumble, although you might never guess it if you happened to take a peek at my work area!

Lists are life lines to me. When I feel overwhelmed, I begin talking to myself. "Now make a list and check one thing off at a time. Take it easy. Don't look at the whole. Just one thing at a time." And you know what? It works. For me. I've got control. I can do this!

So I make lists. For the last few days I've felt like I've been in quicksand. Slowly sinking with too much to accomplish and getting no where--so I thought.

Yesterday, I took hold. I made a list in my mind and proceeded to work down it. I finished several things in good time, and had one other major item (a proposal) almost done. What a feeling! As if I'd resettled that world on my shoulders somewhere else.

I make lists for:
  • Items I need to accomplish
  • Grocery lists
  • Menus
  • Items to Buy
  • Hubby do-lists
  • Things to change in my novels
  • Critique points I want to change
  • Ideas for new novels
  • Etc.
That proposal? I got it done this morning!

Give me a "strawberry flavored" list anytime. It keeps me sane in my insane world!



Want something easy and nutricious for lunch or even a light dinner? I used this at a luncheon I planned at a recent ladies dinner. They loved it!
(I make my own serving sizes)
Cook boneless, skinless chicken ahead of time. Cool. Debone, and chop into small pieces.

Mix in (to taste) mayonaise, chopped celery, halved grapes (black or red, for color), nuts (I like walnuts). Dash with salt.

Buy fruit choices. (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas, cantalope, grapes, and whatever else you'd like to use). Clean. Peel as needed, cube as needed.

Place a mound of chicken salad in the middle of individual plates (choose pretty ones!). Surround with fruit. All you need to add our some tasty crackers or crescent rolls for a delicate and wonderful dish! Enjoy!




Quote:
It's hard to fail, but it's worse never to have tried to succeed.


Blessings.

1 comment:

Yumanbing said...

Life is made up of lists. I have lists for everything. They give me a modicum of control over my own life! :)

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...