Monday, January 28, 2008

Stuck in the Mire . . .

I spent a week trying to re-write my third romance. Parts of it, that is.

I had less than half of 40,000 + words to go. I was determined to get this done so I could move on.

And hit a snag.

Here's what happened.

This is the third novel in a romance series, short length. I needed Andy, the male, and Caroline (hmmm?), the female to have an argument. And couldn't come up with a plausible one!

I took them to the scene, but I couldn't work through the episode of Andy getting mad at Caroline's actions. It wouldn't come. For almost two weeks I struggled.

At last I began typing something--anything, just to get it on paper.

It turned out Andy wasn't the one who was suppose to get "mad." It was Caroline. I had her have the problem, send poor Andy on his way. And the words began flowing again. Now I'm within three chapters of finishing. Should have it done in two weeks, if not this week.

Yeah.

That's the joy of writing.

Snags.
Slogging through the muddy blocks of nothing.
Enjoying the breakthroughs.
And writing.



Quote:
Those who don't know how to weep with their whole heart, don't know how to laugh either. --Goldie Meir


Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...