Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In Our Own Hands

How many times do I do this very thing?

Can't wait.
Know it better myself.
Can't see beyond my own nose.

Ouch.

What failings.
Why can't we humans learn?

It's so easy to say, if it's going to get done, I've got to do it myself. But what about patience? What about waiting for answer? For the chore to get done by a younger generation? What about that person who has to think his way through it before acting.

Patience: the virtue of waiting, the willingness to put up with waiting, pain, trouble, etc. Calm endurance of anything that annoys, troubles, or hurts.

Have you seen those who always have to be doing something. (Like me?) Hard to sit still? Hard to be still for long?

Patience. A virtue, I'm afraid many of us lack.

Even me.



Quote:
Patience is a bitter plant, but it has a sweet fruit. --German proverb


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...