Friday, November 07, 2008

Getting Ready

With my path to publication getting closer all the time, I've been thinking more and more of marketing. It's not my favorite thought, but it's gotta be done--eventually.

Here's some things to do:

  1. I've taken some classes--and will take more--on marketing by people who are pretty knowledgeable about it for authors.
  2. I'm joining more online groups, especially where there's chances to mingle with other writers.
  3. I'm attending this fall more writing seminars and smaller conferences close to home.
  4. I'm getting to compile my contact list.

And that brings me to the point I want to talk about.

My contact list. Its a list compiled of people who can be alerted when (if?) I get published so that they can either buy the book (if they want it. Smile) or spread the word through mouth or online about it. As "they" say: word of mouth is still the best way of advertising.

So . . . I'm making a list--and definitely don't want a short one. I'm including you, readers, on it, and hope you'll pass on other names of possible interested readers. I'll probably run contests to get the word out, print up bookmarks, etc., do blog interviews for those interested in helping me out, and give a limited number of books away to those who make a good effort to help promote it.

Anyone else with some good ideas?

Anyone willing to help out?

Quote:

Trust your hunches. They are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. --Dr. Joyce Brothers

Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...