- It's illegal to kill a dog for attacking horses, carriages, or people, but you can electrocute it or use a high-altitude depression chamber. What! Scandalous!
- The last Sunday in June is Log Cabin Day.
- Using profanity on playgrounds is illegal in Columbia, Maryland. Makes sense around all the kids.
- It's illegal to give away rats for any reason except as food for snakes. Yuk.
- It's illegal to alter the appearance of the teeth of horsees or mules to make it appear younger than it is. The dentist who thought that one up might as well get out of that business!
- It's illegal to exchange or offer to sell baby fowl, ducks or chickens if dyed unless four months old and sold in batches of six. Gotta go plain, chickies!
- Anyone who taunts someone who decides not to participate in a duel can go to jail for six months and fined up to $100. Ouch! Lead me to a nice, clean duel!
Problems are the price you pay for progress. --Branch Rickey