It's hot right now, and the one thing no one wants to do is enjoy (?) a steam bath in their kitchen. So-o-o I whipped up (just kidding), got these great breakfast meals from Women's Health.
Give one or more a try:
Portobello and Pesto Egg Scramble
- In a medium sauté pan, cook 1 sliced portobello mushroom cap with 1/4 cup chopped red onion in 1 tsp olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk 4 egg whites with 1 tbsp water and add to pan.
- Scramble mixture over medium heat until eggs are no longer runny; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before removing from heat, fold in 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella and 1 tsp prepared pesto.
- Serve with 1 slice whole-wheat toast.
Peanut Butter Waffle-wich
- Top one toasted whole-grain waffle with 2 tsp peanut butter, 2⁄3 cup sliced apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Top with another whole-grain waffle.
- Serve with a café au lait made with 4 ounces coffee mixed with 4 oz steamed skim milk.
Spinach and Smoked Gouda Egg Sandwich
- Sauté 1 cup fresh spinach with olive oil cooking spray until wilted (add pepper and garlic powder if desired); set spinach aside.
- In same pan, fry 1 egg plus 1 egg white in cooking spray until no longer runny.
- Top eggs with 2 tbsp shredded smoked Gouda.
- Sandwich eggs, cheese and spinach between 2 sides of a toasted whole-wheat English muffin.
- Serve with 1 orange.
Special healthy blessings today.