Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Welcome, Zeke Lam

I'm happy to have Zeke on my blog this week!

Zeke, how long have you known that you were a writer? Did you receive a clear “call?” Or have you just loved writing all your life?

I have always enjoyed writing, but it mostly took place in relation to schooling assignments or sermon preparation. In regards to writing a book, I did receive a clear call from the Lord to write concerning Biblical submission. Honestly, I never saw it coming! With that being said, I am greatly anticipating writing much more in the future.


Well, it sounds very interesting, and I'm glad the Lord laid it upon your heart to write. What is the genre you write in? Would you explain what it is?

I am a Christian non-fiction writer. Most of my work concerns discipleship and Christian growth/ development.


How do you spend your writing days? Do you set goals to reach a certain number of words per day? Can you give us a general idea of how long it takes you to write a novel?

Trying to juggle family, work, and ministry has been a nice challenge. I usually try to write in blocks of quiet time. This usually takes place in early morning hours or during my children’s nap time. SUBMISSION actually took a little less than one month to write. Of course the editing process added to that, but the actual book came together fast.

Sounds as if you've handled it well. You recently had a book published. Would you take this time to describe it to us? How and where can readers buy your books?

Working with Burning Lamp Media and Publishing was a true privilege. From editing to cover design, they were very accommodating to me as a first time writer. We are currently working on the marketing aspects of the book. Although we plan to offer them in bookstores nationwide, SUBMISSION is currently only available on Amazon and at our website:
www.submissionministries.org

Good! What is the spiritual message in your book? What can readers expect to get from reading it?

My prayer is that each reader will walk away with the desire to submit every area of their lives to Jesus. Often times in the Christian faith, people have a tendency to plateau. I have been guilty of this, and found it to be due to the fact that there were areas in which I refused to let go. Hopefully upon reading this book, brothers and sisters worldwide will surrender like never before and position themselves for revival and spiritual greatness.

I'm really interested in reading it myself. Do you ever feel like giving up? Most people don’t understand the stress, the work, and the joy of being a writer. How tenuous becoming a writer is. Do you care to share how it feels, what discouraging/encouraging times you’ve gone through?

Discouragement is a popular tool of the enemy as he would love to see Christian writers give up. When discouraging moments emerge, I make a conscious effort to step away and seek the voice of Jesus. Amidst the business, it is easy to lose focus on our primary purpose: intimacy with Jesus our Savior. This occurred in my life to the extent that I decided to move my family away from our home simply to seek to heart of Jesus. My wife and I and our two baby boys took a journey that changed our lives. We set aside all the distractions just to have time with our Lord. Actually, it was during this three month getaway that the Lord asked me to pen SUBMISSION!

If only we all would do this! Who’s inspired you the most?

My pastors and my wife have been great inspirations to me as a writer, minister, and leader.

Would you explain how you “chose” (or were chosen by) a publisher? Do you just go “inny, minny, miny, moe?” Now, that you’re published, can you sit back and relax from the success you’ve experienced?

God truly orchestrated and directed my relationship with Burning Lamp. Upon completing the manuscript, I began to research different Christian publishing houses. Days before I was to sign with a company, I shared through a phone conversation with Founder Brian Hume about what the Lord was doing with my life. I told him about the book and he shared with me about the beginning stages of Burning Lamp. Despite the fact that our phone conversations usually consisted of us praying about other ministry possibilities, it was obvious that God had placed us together in this moment for this task. Because I am the first author for Burning Lamp, I had no other feedback to consider. Looking back on it, had it not been for the up close and personal feel of Burning Lamp, I may not have even followed through with the process. It is nice to be published, but I would not describe it as relaxing based on the fact that I constantly have a stirring to write more. As for finding a publisher I can relax, but it terms of what God has next, I remain in a state of expectation.

Do you mind telling us some of your likes and dislikes? Hobbies, interests? Where would you like to travel if you could?

I love to work with my hands and actually operate a small ornamental concrete business. I construct various objects such as bird baths, benches, flower pots, etc. My family and I enjoy missions work and we have traveled extensively. We love outdoor activities and sports. If I could travel anywhere, I would choose Italy. My wife would greatly enjoy a trip like that. My main interests involve being a Godly husband, father, and pastor and living each day with joy and appreciation for what God has blessed me with.

Would you give us your blog or webpage so everyone can check it out? Anything else you’d like to share? Promotional information?

Please feel free to check us out online at www.submissionministries.org and on Facebook. You can find out more information about our publisher at www.burninglampmap.com. To get a copy of the book visit- http://www.amazon.com/subMISSION-heeding-only-His-voice/.


ABOUT THE BOOK:

Prepare to be stirred by this authentic calling to return to Scriptural obedience.

     —Pastor Gabe Turner, The Point Church of Charlottesville, Virginia

In my opinion Zeke has laid his finger on the defining message for our time. This message is essential for believers everywhere . . .

     —Eric Stephens, Pastor of Life Changing Ministries and Fellowship in Sugarland, Texas

What is the greatest challenge that the Church is facing today? Zeke Lam suggests that one word is the greatest challenge:  submission, or the lack thereof. It is not external forces that nullify the testimony of a Christ-centered believer, but rather the failure to humbly submit to the voice of the Lord. This book will help you to live a surrendered life abiding in Christ.

Ø  Is the approval of God more important to you than the approval of man?

Ø  Is the presence of God evident in your life?

Ø  Do you fiercely protect your intimacy with Christ?

Ø  Do you desire to live a life of truth, free from the lies of the devil?

Ø  Is God’s divine character visible to those around you?

Learn how to submit your life wholeheartedly to the Lord so that you can dwell continually in the secret place—a place of intimacy, surrender and joy.


 
ZEKE LAM is the founder of SUBMISSION Ministries—a ministry devoted to seeing lost souls encounter God and live lives fully surrendered to the risen Christ. A graduate of Liberty University, Zeke’s deep passion for following Christ’s will has led him through many years of youth ministry and itinerant evangelism. Both of these experiences have enriched and fueled his desire to hand others the keys to a Christ-centered life. Zeke resides in Virginia with his beautiful wife, Kathleen, and a growing family of future world-changers.

ISBN-13    978-1-9374-8100-1
ISBN-10    1-9374-8100-X

Author website:
http://submissionministries.org/

 
Thanks so much, Zeke for joining us this week.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...