Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Guest Blogger, Linda Rondeau, writes on Floundering

Life is hard . . . sometimes. Living the life of a writer is too . . . sometimes. Read on for a take on being too busy from my dear friend, Linda Rondeau, author of America II, just released, and her suspense book, The Other Side of Darkness.



Do You Ever Feel Like You're Floundering?
I have come into the deep waters; the
floods engulf me...Psalm 69:2b


Ever feel as though you are drowning in a to-do list that keeps getting longer and the time left to complete the tasks, shorter?


I am currently going through one of those times. When the waters close around my neck, I’m well aware I’ve gone too deep; and I panic, making error upon error.

Mistakes have babies. In my case, they often have litters. And I ask the Lord, how
can I get all these things done (and it takes longer when I have to keep undoing those
oops) without looking like an idiot from all the mistakes I’m making?


He gently reminds me that it’s not about the to-do list. It’s about a surrendered life
to Him. He will prioritize my days according to His knowledge of what is best
for me.


It may be the waters continue to deepen so I have to swim for awhile before they
abate. That is when I remember, God is my life jacket.




A graduate of Houghton College, Rondeau has spent a previous career in the field of human services, often engaged with families in crisis. She credits these experiences in human drama as the edge in creating unforgettable characters. Furthermore, her prior work has shaped her vision of a future world should current sociological issues remain unchecked over the next several decades.

After more than thirty years in the Adirondack region of Northern New York, Rondeau now resides in Jacksonville, Florida with her husband Steve and their cat Duffer. When not writing, she enjoys theater, golf, and hiking.

She is a member of the Florida Writers Association, American Christian Fiction Writers, and several on-line writing groups. She is the owner and founder of Pentalk, a community of writers that features networking pages and a blog. Rondeau contributes a monthly column to her former community newspaper entitled, This Daily Grind and maintains a blog of the same name. Other blogs include Back in the Daze.

Also writing under the name of Linda Wood Rondeau, other books by this author include The Other Side of Darkness.

You may contact the author on Facebook, Linked In, Goodreads, or Twitter or visit her on the web.

The Amazon Kindle for the novel is
: http://www.amazon.com/America-II-The-Reformation-ebook/dp/B008CGFVUI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1340191492&sr=1-1&keywords=l.w.+rondeau
 

1 comment:

Linda Wood Rondeau said...

Thanks for having me on your blog today.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...