Wednesday, June 05, 2013

HEALING EMOTIONAL TRAUMA by Arteria Stevens



I caught this post from reading another friend's mention of it. Checked it out, and it was so poignant I thought it would be perfect to share with you. I look forward to more posts from my new friend, Artemia Stevens.

Since my novel, The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman, deals with abuse (along with other things), it goes right along with it. Now on to the post:


 


HEALING EMOTIONAL TRAUMA BEGINS WHEN YOU DECIDE TO FACE IT!


By Arteria Stevens

After all of the emotional disturbance and traumatic events of my childhood, when I got married, my intention was to put it all behind me and live the life of a good girl by being a good wife and mother and never complicating matters by talking about my child sexual abuse. What I didn’t realize was that because I didn’t acknowledge the pain and instead tried to bury those painful memories, the memories would act out in different ways in unhealthy forms. I became dominating and controlling, I lacked trust, and I had a determination to be strong and never show pain, so when I was hurt, I showed anger instead of pain. I didn’t allow the process of healing emotional trauma from those instances of emotional disturbance to begin. I wasn’t dedicated to healing emotional wounds.

Now I understand that the root source of anger is pain but during those times of trying to run from my pain, I didn’t have a clue. I went through many years trying to find myself. What I realize now that I didn’t know then is that when you find yourself stuck in patterns, it’s because there is something you need to learn and something you need to change in order to break those reoccurring problems. When I took that closer look in the mirror, I saw myself running from all of my pain and fears and at that moment, I decided I was not going to run anymore. I faced all of the painful moments in my life. I didn’t run from the tears anymore. I didn’t run from the fear of confrontation anymore. I was no longer afraid of the pain.

I realized that the pain was a necessary part of the process for me to heal. That put me on my Healing Roads and I am finally moving ahead in my life with a passion to be joined on that Road by all those people who may be holding on to pain of the past or present in search of personal healing as well as spiritual healing. We are more alike than we are different. The Healing Roads website is dedicated to helping you as you travel your own healing road by connecting you with people who understand your emotional state as well as to supply you with healing books to help you on your road. You are not alone! Get ready to come to your own place of discovery, healing, and stress relief!

Let’s talk. Let’s share. Let’s find help. Let’s love. Let’s heal. Let’s change the world. Let’s grow. Let’s have peace.

To connect with Artemia, go to
www.thehealingroads.com


Thank you, Artemia, for allowing me to post this.

Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...