Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Five Things That Make a Great Dad

I remember one thing that stands out to me of my father . . . the day he died, he came to me (I was seventeen) and put his arms around me and hugged me. That will forever stay in my memory.

1.  Dads listen.
2.  Dads spend time with their kids.
3.  Dads realize that positive words make the best impressions on their kids.
4.  Dads treat their kids' mother with respect. (whatever the family arrangements are, they don't put down the mother in front of their kids).
5.  Dads admit when they've made mistakes.

There are more, but if a dad does these things, he'll be on the right path to leading his children to a good adulthood.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Patty Kyrlach said...

Good dads are awesome! And so is this post. :-)

Sherry Carter said...

My dad was an abusive, ungodly man but my father-in-law was a wonderful dad to me. He loved me, encouraged me, and made sacrifices for me. He was my true dad and I can't wait to hug him in Heaven.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...