I love Lists! Really. I suggested recently that anyone who wanted to post a few here, I'd welcome them (with open arms!). So here goes. Debut novelist, Sandra M. Hart agreed and here's her Christmas list. I kinda like it!
Twelve Things I love at Christmastime
12) Getting that last Christmas gift wrapped and under the tree.
11) Tearing open those Christmas gifts!
10) Decorating our home for Christmas.
9) Attending parties and small celebrations with family and friends.
8) Window shopping for holiday ideas.
7) Shopping with my daughter to purchase Christmas gifts.
6) Eating Christmas dinner with loved ones.
5) Watching Christmas movies and special holiday programs.
4) Reading Christmas novels!
3) Reading about the birth of Jesus in first two chapters of Matthew and Luke to prepare my heart for Christmas.
2) Attending special services at church.
1) Hosting my family for our traditional pre-Christmas party.
A Stranger on My Land by Sandra Merville Hart
Carrie and her little brother, Jay, find a wounded soldier on their land after a battle which later became known as "The Battle Above the Clouds." Adam, a Union soldier, has been shot twice in the arm. Though Carrie is reluctant to take Adam to their cave where her family hides their livestock from both armies, she cannot turn her back on him.
But her Aunt Lavinia, bitter over what Yankees have done to their land, urges Carrie to allow Adam to die. Carrie refuses, but cannot remove the bullets. Adam's friendship with Jay softens her heart toward him. It's not long until his gratitude and teasing manner spark a friendship between the young couple. Even though Carrie's father fights for the Confederacy in far-off Virginia, her feelings for the handsome young soldier begin to blossom into love.
When Adam's condition worsens, Carrie knows a Union surgeon is needed to save his life. How can she accomplish this and keep her family's hiding place a secret?
To buy her book, go here:
Sandra Merville Hart loves to find unusual facts in her historical research to use in her stories. She and her husband enjoy traveling to many of the sites in her books to explore the history. She serves as Assistant Editor for DevoKids.com where she contributes articles about history and holidays. She has written for several publications and websites including The Secret Place, Harpstring, Splickety Magazine, Pockets Magazine, Common Ground, Afictionado, and ChristianDevotions.us. Her inspirational Civil War novella, A Stranger on My Land, released on August 21, 2014.
Readers, be sure to check out her book, and remember: book reviews are GOLD for authors!