Sunday, June 21, 2015

Memories of Kids and Their Dads

Memories from Kids and others . . .  


What do I remember?
My daddy hugging me and saying:
You're my girl.

Two little boys, craving a daddy, and automatically calling my son:
"Dad"

My three year old grandson almost always telling his daddy after he returned from work,
"I missed you, daddy."

My hubby reading to our sons.
Their riveting attention and interest in every word.

My husband spending time with our sons:
fishing, and picnicing, traveling and stopping at interesting places. . .for them.
Teaching them to handle guns safely.
Showing them how to do repairs on vehicles.
Showing them how to build with wood, and their hands.
Teaching them manners and how to respect women and older people 
and those who can't defend themselves.

Anyone can be a father.
It takes someone special to be a dad.


Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...