What fun to have my author friend visiting today! You'll enjoy Sharyn's take on her favorite things about Autumn. Chime in on YOUR favorites too!
1. My favorite month—Anne of Green Gables said, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” This expresses my feelings exactly! And with my birthday right in the middle of the month—on the 15th—how could I not love it?
2. My favorite smells—from the apple pie-scented candle I’m breathing in right now to the campfires I’m sure my family will enjoy over the next few weeks, the aromas of autumn stir my spirit and encourage me to breathe deeply. Ahhh.
3. My favorite clothes—near the end of September I pulled out my bag of slippers in anticipation. Yes, I have a plastic bag full of fluffy, cozy slippers in a variety of colors. Then there are the soft, long-sleeved shirts, the thick, snuggable sweaters and a beloved pair of comfy, pink boyfriend pants—like sweats only better. And cuter.
4. My favorite food—since Thanksgiving lands into the middle of fall, even if it feels like winter by then, I can include it. And I enjoy the typical Thanksgiving feast of turkey and all the trimmings—plus my family’s tradition of homemade noodles—more than anything. But autumn also includes big pots of chili, S’mores around the campfire and my famous fudge. Yum!
5. My favorite season—the beginning of fall means the hot, humid days of summer are over and the cool days are just beginning. The trees blanket the earth with an array of bright, warm colors against crisp blue skies. I sleep better and, usually, exercise more. And Christmas is less than three months away. Yay!
Besides writing and editing, Sharyn’s career history includes journalism, public relations and seven years as a radio writer/producer at Focus on the Family. She also has almost two decades of experience as an editor and proofreader. In addition, she has taught English and speech at the high school and college levels and is developing a speaking ministry geared toward encouraging older single women.
During her spare time, Sharyn plays the piano, makes the best fudge ever, enjoys long walks and short vacations (or is that short walks and long vacations?), and watches too much HGTV. She lives in Bellefontaine, Ohio, just five minutes from some of her favorite people in the world—her family.
About Sharyn's books:
In 2014, award-winning author Sharyn Kopf decided to take charge of her own writing destiny by independently publishing her first novel, Spinstered, which received a 2014 Bookstore Without Borders LYRA award for its category (women’s fiction).
A few months later, she published a novella in the famous Chicken Soup for the Souls Christmas Collection and , , ,
. . .
this past April, released a nonfiction book titled Spinstered: Surviving Singleness After 40.
Now she’s working on the sequel to Spinstered, titled Inconceived.