12) Window shopping before the season starts to get gift ideas.
11) Looking for great deals on Black Friday!
10) Buying a new Christmas decoration for our home.
9) Listening to my husband read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" at our family Christmas party.
8) Wrapping gifts while watching "Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
7) Shopping with my daughter to purchase Christmas gifts.
6) Wrapping up in a warm blanket while watching holiday specials on television.
5) Watching "It's A Wonderful Life" once again.
4) Purchasing new Christmas novels and reading them the whole month of December.
3) Reading about the birth of Jesus in first two chapters of Matthew and Luke to prepare my heart for Christmas.
2) Attending Christmas Eve Candlelight church service.
1) Watching "White Christmas" after all the preparations are done.
Sandra Merville Hart serves as Assistant Editor for DevoKids.com where she contributes articles about history and holidays. Her inspirational Civil War novella, A Stranger on My Land, released in 2014. She has written for several publications and websites including The Secret Place, Harpstring, Splickety Magazine, Pockets Magazine, Common Ground, Afictionado, and ChristianDevotions.us. Sandra loves to find unusual historical facts for her stories. She and her husband enjoy traveling to many of the sites in her books to explore the history.
A Christmas novella
set during the Civil War!
Back Cover Blurb:
A Stranger on My Land by Sandra Merville Hart
Carrie and her little brother, Jay, find a wounded soldier on their land after a battle which later became known as "The Battle Above the Clouds." Adam, a Union soldier, has been shot twice in the arm. Though Carrie is reluctant to take Adam to their cave where her family hides their livestock from both armies, she cannot turn her back on him.
But her Aunt Lavinia, bitter over what Yankees have done to their land, urges Carrie to allow Adam to die. Carrie refuses, but cannot remove the bullets. Adam's friendship with Jay softens her heart toward him. It's not long until his gratitude and teasing manner spark a friendship between the young couple. Even though Carrie's father fights for the Confederacy in far-off Virginia, her feelings for the handsome young soldier begin to blossom into love.
When Adam's condition worsens, Carrie knows a Union surgeon is needed to save his life. How can she accomplish this and keep her family's hiding place a secret?
Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas Bookstore
(HINT: Use coupon code SandraMHart for a 20% discount at the LPC store site!!!)
Barnes & Noble: