Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Janet Grunst is Visiting!

I'm happy to introduce you all to Author Janet Grunst to you! Do check out her book!



How long have you known that you were a writer?  Did you receive a clear “call?” Or have you just loved writing all your life?
While I journaled sporadically throughout my life, I never considered myself a writer. When I stopped working in the financial arena to raise a family I wanted to pursue a vocation that would allow me to remain home to raise our sons. I had regular columns in two local papers, but while they promoted Christian principles, I still felt something was missing. I asked God to reveal to me if there was some way to serve Him through writing.  A story had been percolating in my mind for some time so I wondered, could I write fiction? I enjoyed reading it, and lately had been reading some Christian novels. I sensed His confirmation and began writing this story. It was surprising and exhilarating to experience His direction every step of the way.


What is the genre you write in?  Would you explain what it is?
A Heart Set Free which takes place before the Revolutionary War is considered Historical Romance The story I recently finished would be considered Historical Fiction with romantic elements because its main focus is historical and secondarily it is romantic in nature. Both are Inspirational or Christian fiction.


What is the spiritual message in your latest book? What can readers expect to get from reading it?
All of us have been hurt or injured by the words or actions of others. While feeling anger or disappointment is natural, continuing to be resentful or bitter enslaves us. “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:31-32. Forgiving others not only extends grace to them, it frees us.


Do you ever feel like giving up?  What discouraging/encouraging times you’ve gone through?  Who’s inspired you the most?
In the eighties, I found continual rejections discouraging, but I held my writing with an open hand. If the Lord wanted my story published it would happen and in His timing. While I never felt like giving up, I did have to put it aside for many years when I became a single mom and had to work full time outside the home. A decade later I remarried and, at the suggestion of my husband, I returned to writing and seeking publication for this story. But the secular and Christian publishing world had changed dramatically. Still believing it was God’s answer to my long ago prayer to share the gospel through writing, I set about educating myself on all the changes and editing the story to meet current guidelines as well as developing a platform. I’ve been inspired by family, friends, and so many terrific writers.


Where would you like to travel if you could?  Etc. 
I would probably return to the British Isles and the Republic of Ireland. I love the history and the charm of these fascinating countries of many of my ancestors.



Back Cover blurb 
In 1770, Heather Douglas is desperate to escape a brewing scandal in her native Scotland. Penniless and hoping for a fresh start far away, she signs a seven-year indenture and boards a British merchant vessel headed to Virginia.

Widowed planter Matthew Stewart needs someone to help raise his two young children. The tall blond standing on the Alexandria quay doesn’t look like much after her harrowing sea voyage, but there’s a refinement about her that her filthy clothing cannot hide. Could God be leading him to take this unknown indentured servant as his wife?

When Matthew purchases Heather’s indenture, marries her, and takes her to his farm, she faces new and constant challenges. And Matthew wonders if they can ever bridge their differences and make a life together.
It is in the Virginia countryside that Heather begins her greatest journey, one of self-discovery and of maturing faith. Here, she discovers that her emotional and spiritual scars bind her far more than her indenture . . . and love will set her heart free.

A Heart Set Free will be released December 2nd, 2016 and will be found at: http://Amazon.com                     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

Thank you, Carole, for the opportunity to share about A Heart Set Free

Author Bio
Janet is a wife, mother of two sons, and grandmother of eight. She lives in the historic triangle of Virginia (Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown) with her husband and West Highland White Terrier. A lifelong student of history, her love of writing fiction grew out of a desire to share stories that can communicate the truths of the Christian faith, as well as entertain, and bring inspiration, healing, and hope to the reader.
http://JanetGrunst.com                                                                                               http://colonialquills.blogspot.com/                                                                         https://www.facebook.com/Janet-Grunst-Author-385405948228216/                                       

Represented By Linda S. Glaz, Hartline Literary Agency


Thanks for joining me today, Janet!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...