Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Moving On...

Christmas is over. The shopping and planning and most get-togethers are finished for now. The
stress of what to buy, of spending what you don't have is done with...for now.

So what's next?

Next, for me, is taking stock. I'm facing, with God's blessing, a new year. Brand new and sparkling white and clean. So how to take advantage of it in the best possible way?

Take stock. Figure out where I am and where I want to be this time next year. 
  1. In my writing, decide reasonable goals on what I want to accomplish. How many books will I be putting out there this year? One? Two? More? Then I must be diligent. Remind myself often that goals cannot be met without constant work. Every day get something written, and if I have to miss a day, there had better be a good reason!
  2. In our ministry work:  how can I be a better helper to my husband? When I need to take initiative, can I do with it humbleness and wisdom? Is there someone I want to focus on in winning them to the Lord? What about encouragement? Who is God placing on my heart? 
  3. In my own personal life?  Am I allowing laziness or negligence to contribute to missed devotional times with my God? How can I be more diligent in pursuing time alone with Him? What can I do to eliminate hindrances that prevent this? 
  4. With my body? Yes, I need to lose a few pounds. Yes, I give way to eating unhealthy foods when I know I should refrain. How can I tighten up these faults? What can I do that will help me gain momentum in this area?
Enough? Of course. If I can attain these goals, I will have improved. Can I do it? I hope so. I'm going to try hard. 

What is one goal you're hoping to accomplish this year? 

Blessings and wishes for a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Those are great goals to try for the new year ahead. I want to draw closer to the lord as well as some of your goals. .

Caroline said...

Hope you all are doing well. I'm sure everyone can relate to at least one of these goals. Love you all!

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...