Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday Morning Peace: Mothers


Strength and honor are her clothing;
and she shall rejoice in time to come.
--Proverbs


My mother:



To My Sons:
What it means for me as a mother

One little boy with eyes of blue,
Scuffed up knees, and holes in his shoes,
jumping climbing--running hard,
Laughing, crying--spirit unmarred.

One little boy, still afraid of the dark,
Up at dawn, then out for a lark,
Quiet one minute, tornado, the next.
Expanding his wings, and heavens!
What's next?

One little boy, out to change the world.
Exploring the creek bed, his flag unfurled.
Rocks in his pockets, his shores untied,
Unmindful of dirt, with his dog at his side.

One little boy, yes, that's my son!
Whether he's reading his books
or having some fun,
Asleep in his bed, or awake with some noise,
He's God's gift to me--and
I thank Him for boys!

--Carole Brown
(copyrighted. Must have permission to reprint)



No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...