Friday, August 24, 2018

Rambling Friday: Summer is Ending

I'm getting a feeling. The feeling that summer is in its last stages, that summer is ending.

I've loved this summer, for the most part.

  • Loved visiting the beach again with family. 
  • Enjoyed all the crazy things we do like riding the golf cart at night, laughing and enjoying the young people's fun. 
  • Enjoyed watching the ocean flowing in and out, the horizon and imaging various scenes, 
  • loved sharing breakfast with grandson Jonathan and hubby at the resort's restaurant, 
  • and choosing an ice cream flavor some evenings and so much more. 
  • Loved seeing another book published (Toby's Troubles, book 4 in my Appleton, WV Romantic Mystery series) and enjoying some of the reviews
  • Loved enjoying the special times visiting with my writing friends
  • Seeing my grandson Jonathan graduate from kindergarten
  • Relaxing with hubby doing some of our fun, favorite things
But summer's been more than that. It's been a time of learning to trust God more. Of learning that God can give strength in some of the hardest tests I've gone through. I've learned more so than ever before that God is all-sufficient, that he truly is the only one who can heal a hurting heart. 

And that, my friends, is worth the whole summer. 

Have a wonderful rest-of-the-summer! 

God is good...all the time.

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...