Friday, January 25, 2019

Rambling Friday:


A Butcher, a Baker, A Candlestick Maker . . . Not Quite!


Good morning! This morning I'm thrilled to share another Rambling Friday article. It may be cold outside, the roads covered with snow or ice or what have you, but it's warm and cozy inside. For today, it's enough to hope that...
  1. I gain some new friends and
  2. share some guest posts from really great authors,
  3. post about topics I love and that you might find interesting and
  4. share information now and then about the books of my heart.
Now that that’s out of the way, what’s with the title cause I’m definitely not two of those things, and just a now and then a baker? What have I tried to do at various times?
  • tried weaving and making fry bread with the Navajoes in New Mexico. What fun, but I was totally inept at both.
  • Gave some thought to and enjoyed the time I spent in ceramics, but that interest waned fairly quickly.
  • Tried cake decorating, but although my cakes weren’t bad, they weren’t great either.
  • Tried sewing and that lasted for several years, but life and children got in the way.
  •  Because I love Collie dogs, hubby offered to set me up with what I needed to raise and sell them. No, thanks.
  • I also, at different times through my life, thought I would attempt: nursing, becoming an airline stewardess (I know they don’t call them that now), ice skating, becoming a pianist, a photographer, a detective . . .
And made a complete circle right back to where I belong: a child of God, wife, mother, grandmother (JOY!) and author.
Such a wonderful feeling knowing you're doing what you're supposed to do!! 

Here's to making good choices!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...