I've had the dream of being chased. The outstretched hand, or pursuing individual so close I could feel his breath on my neck. Or the one of a bear squeezing me tightly...
I've also had one of the most gorgeous pair of red shoes. When I woke, I yearned for those shoes...
There are all kinds of dreams:
- Dead dreams: Explains itself. Either dreams of dead people or dreams of no value.
- Pipe dreams: Dreams that are out-of-this-world impossible or nearly that.
- Daydreams: when a person should be pursuing intelligent activities but instead thinks of other things, whether good or bad. Your imagination wanders with awareness decreasing, visiting the past, the future or present. BUT...your consciousness does pull back into your present world.
- Lucid dreams occur when you realize you are dreaming. Sometimes dreamers wake themselves up once they realize that they are only dreaming, while other dreamers cultivate the skill to become an active participant in their own dreams.
- Nightmares: an individual wakens in a state of fear and panic with a sweating body and racing heart. It seems real, a person is reluctant to return to sleep and it cannot be forgotten. It often forces you to face troubling situations in your life.
- Recurring dreams: Themes that repeat themselves over weeks, months and even years. Sometimes a person feels puzzled because they do not understand what is going on. Something going on in your life you fail to address. Something you refuse to correct because of the unpleasantness of doing so.
- Sweet dreams: pleasantness, happiness, joy, wonder
And many more.
Have you had a dream lately?
What kind of dream?
Wishing you good dreams (and a good night sleep!)