Friday, August 23, 2019

Rambling Friday: Hobbies

Through the years, I've had several hobbies, some I still enjoy, others, I've discarded or lost interest, while still finding new creative ways to enjoy life.

Some that I've enjoyed through the past few years include:

  • quotes. Love to collect them, and this is still a keen hobby of mine. I have several journals filled with quotes.
  • photography. Can't get away from this one. If I'd chosen a different vocation, it'd be photography.
  • angels. Although I still quite a few, I've slowed down on gaining anymore. I'm borderline on this one, wondering if I should sell out. Smile.
  • coloring books for adults. This one is a new one for me, and I still enjoy it when I have time.
  • scrapbooking. I enjoy this one quite a bit, but seldom find the time to work on it regularly.
Why should you have a hobby? Here's a few thoughts:
  • Creativity: hobbies create creativity which also benefits one in their daily work habits. It also gives insight into what kind of person you are.
  • Confidence. When you enjoy doing something, such as a hobby, you usually are fairly good at it. We learn, grow in different ways and gain from challenges.
  • Hobbies help to reduce stress. Focusing on a hobby gives the body and mind something besides the stress in your life to focus on, thus a time of rest. 
  • Socialize. When you find something you enjoy doing, it's always great to find others who enjoy the same hobby, share techniques, and experiences. 

So give it a chance. If you don't already enjoy a hobby, search for one. What do you love to do? Walking? Try new paths, take pictures, draw a picture, write down your thoughts in a journal. Traveling? Make sure to record your journey. Cooking? Quilting? Gardening? Woodworking? Whatever you choose, relax and allow the time you spend on your hobby to help build strength in your body, mind, and soul.


Happy Hobby Day!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...