Friday, December 27, 2019

Rambling Friday: Christmas is Over!

We celebrated Christmas on December 24th this year. Our youngest son and his family couldn't be
here on Christmas eve or day, so our oldest son and a friend enjoyed a great meal and unwrapping gifts on December 24th.

You'd think Christmas was over, right?

Not so fast. For a person who LOVES Christmas, I don't let go until forced to by a forbearing hubby who finally (in February) insists that the live tree must go. Sigh.

So...with my devious mind (ha!), I made plans to enjoy another Christmas celebration this coming Saturday with both my sons present, another meal, laughing, unwrapping packages and whatever else we can cook up!

I began today making a new dessert. Ordering a coconut cream pie tomorrow, removing the frozen ham from the freezer tomorrow, and, hopefully, prepare more desserts tomorrow, along with finishing the wrapping a few more gifts.

To say the least, I'm certainly looking forward to Saturday, another day to be with family, be thankful Jesus came as a babe many years ago, and that, so far we're all fairly healthy.

And I figure, that as long as I keep Christmas in my heart--the real meaning of Christmas--then I can celebrate the season as long as I want. Sounds good to me! :)

How much do you love Christmas?

Have a blessed New Year!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...