Friday, February 21, 2020

Rambling Friday: Resting in Him

In my devotions the other morning, I read about resting in Jesus.

We're not always protected from problems and trials, because, sometimes, they are for our good. But we can rest assured that if we trust HIM, he will be with us, that he loves us, and when it's just too tough for us to bear, he will bear it for us.

In fact, when we feel we're falling, we're failing, he will be there to catch us. As an eagle, his broad wings will sustain us from hurt.

This spoke to me so vividly, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.

  • I am his beloved.
  • He shields me all day long.
  • We do experience hard places.
  • It is for our good.
  • His presence is with us always.
  • He will catch us when we fall.
Wonderful assurance!

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.  --Deuteronomy 33:12

1 comment:

Arlene said...

That is so true. The Lord is the only one for us to trust in .He will never fail us.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...