Friday, May 22, 2020

Rambling Friday: And This, too, Shall Pass

Pandemic. Day after day of rain. Unemployment for many. Unpaid bills. Sickness. Death.

Problems come. That's for sure. And for some, it seems to never end. But there's always an end. It might not be what we want, what we've looked for, what we hoped for, but an end does come.

As I've watched the weather this week, day after day of rain, cold weather, a return to warm clothes and heat, I wondered when we'd see that warm spring weather again. As I saw a break in the rain, I thought, "Is this it? Is this the end of this period of rain?" But it wasn't. Minutes later, rain began to pour from the skies.

I used to love to ice skate, to play and walk in the snow, but not so much anymore. It's a beautiful season, untouched snow-yards, hanging branches laden with wet snow, snowmen dressed up in humans' finest outdoor wear. But my love has waned for that season. Now I prefer warm weather, beaches, walking in the sand, flowers and all that goes with spring, summer and fall.

But I also know winter will pass. As will summer, spring and fall. All things circle back to what we love, to what we dislike/hate, to, again, what we like/enjoy. It's the circle of life.





What's next? Who knows? But what I do know, God has control. He sees us, He cares for us. He knows what is needed, and will give what we need, whether it's strength, encouragement, hope, assurance, or whatever.

Whatever the problem, THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Right now, Rejoice and be glad. We can do this!


Stay positive!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

If you've been around me long or read my Bible study, Storms of Life, you know I love to misinterpret the phrase "it came to pass." In Scripture it is used to indicate that something happened. I gleefully use it in the sense you did: It came to pass - as in go away. Our circumstances always pass, but God's love and grace never does!

Caroline said...

So right, Sherry! So good to hear from you again. I've missed you! :)

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...