Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Morning Sunshine: A Story About a Collie Dog

 Ye have been called unto liberty.

Galatians 5:13

Some time ago I was the possessor of a beautiful collie called Jock. When he first came to London, he was wild with spirit and would dash away. I would never have seen him again had I not put him under the law by the purchase of a strong collar with a chain attached.

Jock soon go to know me, and after he had been with me some weeks, I went to take him out. He put up his head as usual for the collar and chain, but I said, "No, Jock, no more chain."

I opened the door and for the first time, he bounded out free. He dashed away as if I should never see him again, but just then another law, of which he was unaware, came into operation, and he came trotting back to walk with me, held by a chain stronger than any made of steel.

For the law of liberty is the law of love.

--A.T. Schofield, from Old Scrapbook

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...