Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chocolates and Heroes!


Okay, I promised this to you. All you, my dear readers:

Everyone that gets five readers to promise to read my blog (at least once a month, now that's not asking too much, is it?) will get . . . drum roll ~~~~~~~~~~

Chocolate candy! Yeah, that's right. I'll send you some good chocolate right around Christmas.

Here's the rules:
1) Invite five people to become one of my readers.
2) Contact me via email, phone, etc. and let me know their names
3) Contest runs till close to Christmas. (I'll be the judge, but I'm lenient!)
4) Wait for that chocolate box in mail. (good chocolate, remember!)

Now you all get to work!



Someone sent me this bit of information this morning (thanks, Margie!). It really touched me. In fact I thought it was so good I wanted to share with you today. Enjoy!

"In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said,

'A simple way to take measure of a country is to look for how many want in . . . and how many want out.'

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1) Jesus Christ
2) The American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Touching, huh?



Here are some hints
for taking Christmas pictures (good for anytime, really! Ooops! I forgot my brother's wife is a photographer & takes some really neat pictures--I've seen some. They're good!)

Anyway, try these:
1) First, the biggest mistake people make is that they take photos too close to faces. This distorts faces and their colors and also highlights any little imperfections! Make sure the photographer is a reasonable distance away.

2) Many people lean away from the camera. Rather, you should lean towards it slightly.

3) Try to look directly at the camera for most flattering results.

4) Finally, smile as close as you can to the shot being taken. A faded smile from holding it too long looks a bit strange in a photo!



Quote:
Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away. --Leo Buscaglia

Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...