- ACFW is the premier of all inspirational writing conferences.
- What other place can a novice writer find encouragement, admonition, and strength to keep on keeping on?
- I learned how to plot more serious conflicts for my characters. All I can say is wow!
- I met some terrific writers!
- Brandt Dodson is a great speaker and a friendly person.
- Cynthia Hickey is a wonderful new friend! And has a brand new contract! Yeah!
- Pam Hillman is just as sweet as last year!
- I learned more about layering my novels.
- Dallas is a busy place.
- Dallas is a friendly place.
- I don't want to live in Dallas!
- James Scott Bell is a funny person.
- Chip McGregor is a sarcastic person; but he's also friendly and approachable.
- It's fun to be with famous people. Grin.
- It was great to meet Mary and Shar and Angie!
- I love Starbucks coffee.
- Love dining like a "big shot." Grin.
- My favorite classes? The suspense ones, plus Krista's late night "hello" class. Oh, and the early bird sessions.
- It's okay not to plot extensively.
- Going back next year!
Safety tips for women:
- If you're ever thrown into the trunk of a car (Heaven forbid!), kick out the back lights and stick your arm out and start waving like crazy!
- Keep alert: know where you are and what's going on around you.
- Watch the body language: head up, swing your arms, stand straight!
- Don't be at the wrong place at the wrong time! No alley walks or bad neighborhoods!
- Don't just sit in your car working on the checkbook or making a list. Too easy for someone to get in the passenger side! Lock doors and leave!
- Keep your eyes on cars around you. Watch for loitering people. GO back inside and ask for someone to walk you to the car.
- Don't take empty stairs; use the elevator!
Communication means a sharing together of what you really are. With the stethoscope of love you listen until you hear the heartbeat of the other. --Bartlett and margaret Hess