I received a note the other day from a friend. It was an encouraging note. Wonderful, really. In it she said how much she loved and appreciated me and my husband. And "that, of course, we already know that."
Well, I must say knowing and being reassured now and then are two different things.
Of course, I know some people like me.
Of course, I know some appreciate me.
Of course, I know, I'm a writer.
Of course, I know someday I'll be traditionally pubbed.
But like many writers I know, I need to be reassured now and then. I need your comments, your emails, your calls and letters and notes and word-of-mouth reassurances that you're there for me.
Without you where in the world would I be?
Without you, my readers and friends and family, what would be the purpose of my writing? I'm a needy person. I need you! Who would read my future books? Who would critique my works in progress?
Without you (my works), my faith will be in vain. Smile.
Faith: believing something will come to pass without seeing it. Ach! How hard to put into practice. How frail I am.
But I do have determination. That counts for a lot, don't you think? and maybe that determination has a bit of faith in it, else why would I be so determined?
Keep that encouragement coming. I love you all!
Here are some good thoughts on fulfilling those dreams:
- There comes a time when you must stand alone. (ouch!)
- You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams. (I do, Lord, I do. Honest)
- You must be willing to make sacrifices (o-kay)
- You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved. (Been there, done that!)
- Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better. (No whining, Caroline!)
- Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by. (You never think this will happen to you, but I've been reading about it on one of my writing loops.)
- Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life. (May take years, but gotta do it!)
- Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way. (Stand forth, all ye bashful beings!)
And there you have your hints and quotes for today.