Saturday, February 02, 2008

26 Books

Can you imagine anyone reading 26 books in one month?

One of the members of my writing group posted on a certain segment of it that she'd read that many. And she's pregnant with her sixth (seventh?) child. Homeschools. Whooee. 26.

Now I love to read. Always have. Always will, I suppose. And I've always read a lot. Anymore, I do a lot of audio books, rather than straight out reading. Of course, I still read some, but mostly for research, occasionally one from an author I love, if I can't get the audio. I can't imagine having the time to read that much.

I write.

Lots of people show surprise that I have two or three manuscripts going at once, but that works for me. I get bored, reach a plateau, or get a new idea, I can switch. Gives me a breather, refreshes me to move ahead. And I get them done this way.

Here's what I've got going on right now.

  • My agent is submitting my first (in a three book series) of my Tara Layne and Hickory suspense books. The first is finished. I'm plotting and researching the first and second ones now. Hopefully, will soon start the second. They are set in Montana.
  • I'm within a couple of chapters of finishing the third in a three book romance series, set in West Virginia.
  • I'm 3/4 done with a historical that carries a little suspense and romance in it. This will also be a three book series about three red-headed sisters, set in Cincinnati.
  • I'm almost done with the first in who-knows-how-many-book cozy series, set anywhere in the United States.
Here's what's for the future (not counting what will continue from above. These are ideas given to me or that came to me, manuscripts started but not finished for lack of time or other excuses, or short stories I wrote but want to expand someday into a book.

  • A historical set in the early 1900's about a lawyer turned hobo (single title)
  • A missionary story set in Mexico in the heart of the drug country (single title)
  • A psychological thriller (I can't wait!) with quite a twist in the plot! (single title)
Got my work cut out for me. And I can't wait to get started!


Quote:
Imagination is the highest kite one can fly. --Lauren Bacall


Blessings!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...