Especially this time of the year. Sigh.
Whisper: April 15. Get it?
I'd like to do away with it. I mean, why would our government need all that money anyway? (snicker)
Here's some ideas:
- Rename April 15 to something warm and fun. Maybe "Go Shopping Day." Or "Spend the Day in the Woods Day." How about, "Have Lunch With a Friend Day?" Who could have fun on a day titled, "Deadline for Taxes" Day? Come on, who's going to feel like laughing with that hanging over your head? Even the words are like a depressing tornado cloud: Deadline. Yuk. And the second bad word: Taxes. Double Yuk!!! Who wants to spend money like that (unless, of course, you're lucky (?) enough to get some back (yeah!!!!) ). It's much more fun to spend money on shoes or handbags.
- Earn lots of money, hire a bunch of accountants, then go out and do whatever you want.
- Take an accountant course, so you can do your own taxes and not pay exorbitant prices for them to do something for you, you don't want done, and don't want to spend money for.
- File an extension and then forget about the day. It's always better to do tomorrow what you don't want to do today. Right?
- Or if all else fails, stick your head in the sand (like the ostrich) until its all over.
If only we could.
The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our disposition and not on our circumstances. --Martha Washington