Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Question is . . .


Will it get started again?

The fireplace, that is.

You see, hubby cleaned the chimney Saturday. Did a thorough job of it, too.


Haven't had much need of the fireplace the last few days what with the warmer temperatures. Since we like it cooler in the home, and definitely not overheated, we don't require a lot of heat when the outdoors temp reaches the 50's and 60's.

Now, the question is . . . will the warm temperatures hold? Has spring really come or is still just a date on the calendar, giving us false hopes that the cold winter has finally tucked its tail between legs and trotted off?

As much as I love my fireplace, I really, really hope we don't have to light it again!!




Quote:
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. --Anne Bradstreet


Blessings

1 comment:

Karen Double said...

Dear Carole,
I like your blog! Nice job! I think I am getting to know you better through it. You are a good friend to have. I have a blog also. Here's the address for it.
http://ahappyhousewifesmusings.blogspot.com/
Karen Double

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...