Thursday, June 05, 2008

Makin' Friends

Home again from a long trip, I'm looking back at the many people we met. Some of them we'll never see again. Some, I hope will become close friends.

Let me tell you about two of them.

Headed up to Montana, we knew we didn't have a lot of time to sightsee there, so we were trying to make some time late one evening. Finally, we reached our travel goal, and looked for the first decent motel we could find that wasn't too expensive.

We found it. Suncrest Motel in Salmon, Idaho, soon to be renamed to "Sacajawea Motel." And our room was a wonderful surprise. Redone in "lodge" style, half the walls were covered with attractive pine paneling. All along two walls, the new owners had hired (I found out the next morning) a local artist to paint wildlife scenes. (And after I got to view all the other scenes, I still chose mine as the best!)

Early the next morning, I elected to return the key, more so, so I could grab a cup of free coffee. I was pleasantly surprised by the continental breakfast offering. Boiled eggs, fruit, breads, juices, coffee. A nice selection and I took advantage of it.

In the meantime, the sweet couple struck up a conversation with me, feeling me in with tidbits of information about the area and their goal in remodeling the motel. I was even given a tour of
of different rooms and the murals being painted on the walls.

Of course, I offered to mention the motel on my blog and they were delighted and filled my hands with brochures and papers and a card so that I'd have lots of info to use.

If any of you ever find yourself in the northern part of Idaho, make sure you stop at this quaint small and delightful motel. Here's a number in case you want to reserve your rooms: 208 756-2294.

Make sure you mention it was the crazy writer they hosted one spring in May when you do! Laugh.

Maybe more later.


Quote:
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend. --Albert Camus


Blessings

2 comments:

Darlene Franklin said...

Glad to meet a new friend. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, it's been a very difficult few months, and I'm still "in the midst" of grieving. I expect I will be for awhile. But God is faithful.

And since you mentioned cozies, check out my new book with the Heartsong Presents: Mysteries book club: Gunfight at Grace Gulch.

Caroline said...

Darlene, so glad you stopped by. Your blog touched by heart so much. And I'll be sure to check out your book.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...