Monday, September 29, 2008

It's All About Me

You really thought I was going to talk about ME? Snort, snort, snicker. (that's me laughing). I can't believe you thought that.

Here's some things that make up me:

I'm a private person.
I like my space.
I like to be by myself sometimes.
I like to be with friends now and then.
I like to be with hubby much more than that. Smile

I have certain loves.
Like,
writing
reading
listening to tapes
sitting and working in my garden
fixing good food
traveling and having fun
eating in good restaurants
seeing my sons

hearing from my friends (which really makes my day. I get a real warm glow whenever I do. Is that how you feel too?)

Uh,

I like pictures
I like certain kinds of music: some gospel, soft easy listening, some oldies
I like listening to great live instrumental music

I like the great outdoors (hmmm, that sounds noble, doesn't it. But I'm not noble.)
I like animals, loving some up close. Admiring others from a distance.

I'd like to be when I grow up:
A better person
A published author
A photographer (I envy my sister in law; she's a great one!)
That's about it for now.

I love cars, oldies and new ones. I'd like to collect them (real ones) but, uhmm, I don't have that much money

I like people who are friendly and polite. That really makes an impression on me

I like people who are faithful and responsible and loyal. Big, big admirable personality traits to me

I like researching things

Things I thought I liked in the past, or wanted to be or do, and still harbor a token of liking for, but found out they're not a permanent, have-to-have, or have-to-do things:
cake decorating
nursing
air line stewardess
detective (like to write about them and study them but not BE one)
ceramic shop
dog breeding business
any kind of sales (what a flop!)
secretary
teaching (that's a maybe, iffy situation. Depends on WHAT I'd teach)

Things I hate:
People who are impolite in traffic
People who are traitors and liars and backstabbers
Snakes
Spiders
Granddaddy longlegs (that's what I know them as)
bad food
ugly things (me excepted. LOL)
Poverty
Most, but not all, science fiction, and horror stories. Too, too scary.
Broken stuff

I like
color combinations
cool, not hot, not cold, weather
misty mornings
autumn
Christmas
Easter
picnics
waterfalls
double rainbows
my pets
my friends and family (most of them. Smile)
flowers
veggies
fruit
water
soft rain
umbrellas
warm, snuggly sweaters
nice boots
candles
bed after a busy and successful day
writing
writing
books
being published
YOU

Enough about me.
Have a great day!



Quote:
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds. --Francis Bacon


Blessings

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...