Went to a COFW writing meeting Saturday. I loved it! Friendly people, lots of interesting things, and an terrific speaker who's published over 50 books.
Some fun stuff:
- celebration with chocolate and cute gifts when writers share their triumphs!
- sympathy shared with chocolates and cute gifts when rejections are experienced
- enthusiasm over an upcoming writing retreat at a cool location
- Brownies! (sold for donations towards those with writing financial needs
- collections for military troops
- Wonderful speaker with down-to-earth topics
- Lots of friendly people
Since I have to travel about an hour and half, I'd thought about attending every other month or so. Hmm. Now, I might have to adjust that some. Not sure if I want to miss that many!!
Gonna share some writers' quotes for a few weeks. Enjoy!
Writing is most of all an exercise in determination! --Tom Clancy