- "Stop! I'm trying to get to the other side. Can't you SEE that?"
- "No one will dare hit me; I'm too, too beautiful!"
I cringe when I see one--if I'm in a car.
- Now hubby could have swerved.
- He could have stomped on the brakes.
- Or he could have taken wings
(like that ancient story about Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang--anybody remember that one?)
- Traffic around us that would have involved the other cars if he'd swerved.
- Stomping could have sent the car out of control.
- And, unfortunately, we didn't bring our car wings along.
- I could have been killed and would have had about two to five seconds of realization.
- The young guys acting like lunatics in the shabby vehicle following/passing/showing off, were really decent kids out having fun. They were good enough to stop and make sure we were okay.
- To be happy we weren't hurt anymore than we were. Car hurt (light, grill, airbags, windshield), but so what? We're still alive!
Happiness is always an inside job!