Friday, January 06, 2012

A2Z4UandMe

Thanks to Linda Shaub, Patty Wysong and Joanne Sher for the idea!

I'll be posting probably twice a month on each letter of the alphabet on some subject pertaining to that letter. Hoping you enjoy it and jump right into the fun if you'd like by posting the sign below:


NOW: on to the post!

A is for attitude.

Although I try to look on the bright side, to be pleasant to everyone, I don't always succeed even if no one knows it but me. I whine. I complain. I doubt and fuss. I envy those doing better than me in my chosen career. I push myself to an exhausting point.

With God's help this new year, I want to improve on that.

On the bright side. Hmmm. I'm not so gullible as to believe in a rainbow everyday. Right? I mean I have sickness in my life. Death at times. Times when I can't get another word out of my exhausted brain, let alone a paragraph, or a chapter. There are always going to be others doing "better" than me. There are always going to be things beyond my ability.

That's when I have to take the advice of my agent: step away. Rest.

I'll absorb God's scriptures. Spend time alone with those I love and God. Study nature. Take walks or cozy up by my fireplace. Reflect and heal.

Somewhere there is always a rainbow shining . . . promising. So if I go through hard times, discouraging times, despairing times, I can remember there's a rainbow shining on the other side of my dark cloud. My attitude may not always be the best, but it can be positive if I let God control my life and my writing. If I remember that HE sees the rainbows in my life and knows exactly where they are and when's the appropriate time for me to view them, I can trust him in all things. My worries are for nothing, but trust in Him means I'm learning a lesson.

Here's to a new year, a promising future, and an improved ATTITUDE.

Blessings! 

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...