Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Reasons Why I Revamped My Blog

To Change or Not to Change;
That is the question


1.  I've had the same look since 1996, or somewhere about then. I mean, really, who keeps the same look forever? This is a changing world! But then I have a good example: God. He never changes, or at least, the Bible says so. And I believe.







2.  Love the color of red. I mean, I like green (my previous blog color, in case you've forgotten) too--partial to it, but red? It's a power color. Good for:
the winter blues, or when you're gazing at the vivid spring tulips and poppies planted in your flower gardens and anticipating what's coming, or summer's wild bright colors everywhere giving you a sense of freedom and patriotism, and autumn's awesome leaves which makes you dance like a gypsy.




3.  Just because I'm a fun-loving person (nice and sweet and all that stuff), doesn't mean I don't like to scare the shivers into you. That's why I write suspense and mystery into everything. It was time to let my blog portray a little bit of that.










4.  I didn't think I could do it. I'm a technically challenged person (hate to read directions!). But I got sick of listening to that eternal voice saying I couldn't. Don't like negative-ism, so I decided to do something about the voice.














5.  And it caught your attention, didn't it?



Blessings!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reasons 3 and 4! It looks great. The only thing you might want to consider is changing the font color on your bio section. I can't really read it in black against dark red.

Patty Kyrlach said...

I like it! Congrats on proving to yourself and everybody that you can do it!

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

Great new look, Carole! And I love your playfulness, as well as that determination to wipe out the negativism. Now I need to follow your example and revamp MY blog. :)
Hugs,

Linore
http://todayswomanoffaith.blogspot.com

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...