The second book in this series, Derksen provided another suspense driven book that rivets the reader until the last page. Can you imagine searching for another missing child and trying to understand the attraction you feel toward a man who is also a co-detective/fellow worker/friend all the while being surrounded by a depth of evilness that is all the more real because of the subject: pedophilia.
- Will Christine finally have her eyes open that God is real in an evil world?
- Can she see the God that Jeremy tries to serve?
- And can she survive the evil that is stalking and preventing her from a normal life.
What I love:
- The nuances of changes in the characters are just the right touch; not too much to appear unrealistic yet enough to be satisfying.
- The real world topic of child molestation is real and well done by this experienced writer. I applaud her efforts of tackling such a tough subject and handling it well.
I heartily recommend this book along with her others. She's an author to keep an eye on. Established, talented and well-versed in suspense!
If you love suspense and a book about real topics, give Essence of Evil a read. And enjoy!