Normally, we would have pulled away immediately.
Our antennas would have been quivering with suspicions . . .
Why weren't they?
But I ignored mine for a variety of reasons. It doesn't matter what those reasons were. The big question I had was: WHY?
- Why did I ignore the warning signs?
- Was I ignoring God's gentle touch to be careful here?
- Or was it God's way of getting my attention for an area in my life that was just a bit too unguarded?
What does matter is:
- I've strengthened my spirit in being more guarded than ever in aimless trusting.
- I've determined that being a bit more pushy (in a Christ-like manner) can't hurt--at least me. If the other person wants to be offended, after I've listened to that "still small voice" then it's on them.
- I've learned to be even more careful to follow God's leading, and finally . . .
- I've learned that I must keep and cherish the promises I've made to God.