Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Welcome, Sherry Carter: The Twelve Songs of Christmas

What a delight to host my dear friend Sherry Carter to my blog today! Following is her list of her Twelve Songs of Christmas. 


My 12 Favorite Christmas Songs
I love the Christmas hymns but many of my favorite songs are the ones that make me smile and bring back wonderful memories.

Sweet Little Jesus Boy
I can’t listen to Mahalia Jackson sing this without crying. “We didn’t know who you was.” Praise God, because Jesus was born, died, and rose again, we have new life!
Lamb watching over Baby Jesus
Do You Hear What I Hear?
This is one of my very favorites. The little lamb, the shepherd boy, and the mighty king, all singing praises to the Child. I’ve heard it sung many times but it’s hard to top Carrie Underwood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad7KU9bCTAM

O Holy Night
I still get the chills when I hear, “Fall on your knees, Oh hear the Angel voices, O night divine, O night when Christ was born.”

Little Drummer Boy
How beautiful that this little boy gave what he had, from his heart. I know it was Baby Jesus’ favorite gift.

Jingle Bells
Mom and Dad and us kids would sing this at the top of our voices when we drove around on Christmas Eve looking at the lights.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland
I loved this when I was in junior high. Lots of artists sang this but the one I remember was by Andy Williams. The idea of building a snowman and promising him that you’d get married once you got back to town was so romantic. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a starry-eyed teenager?

Frosty the Snowman
Nobody beats Burl Ives! I still watch it every year. I am sad when he melts but I know he’ll be back next year.

Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer
I identified with poor Rudolf – I got teased a lot as a kid. Probably had something to do with my last name – Butts. But God certainly has transformed me into a pretty cool girl!
Image result for free clipart of Rudolph
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
My favorite is done by Bruce Springsteen’s E-Street Band. We moved every few years when I was growing up and I always wondered if Santa would find me. He always did!

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.
Way to go, Brenda Lee! I still like to dance around the tree.
Image result for free clipart of Christmas tree
Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer.
That’s what happens when Grandma has a little too much eggnog. I can’t help but laugh!

The Theme Song from A Charlie Brown Christmas!
And of course, Christmas wouldn’t be complete without dancing with Linus, Lucy, and the whole gang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1LUXQWzCno




Book Blurb:
Discover indisputable truths in God's Word that remain unchanged by your difficult situations. This study guides you through Scripture to show you how your Father God longs to bring you through suffering to victory in Jesus - victory as you come through each storm with a stronger faith and a deeper relationship with Him. Find God's purpose and perspective in a time of suffering and draw close to Him for strength for healing.

Buy her book here:






About Sherry:
After Sherry Carter left her career as an engineer with NASA, God began to transform her into a Bible study author. Her first Bible study, Storms of Life, won the 2007 Award for Excellence in Christian Literature at the Blue Ridge Christian Writers Conference and was published in 2010. She loves God’s Word and her heart’s desire is to share her excitement with others. She lives and writes in west Texas.

Contact Sherry




Some good ones in here, Sherry, and lots of my favorites too! 
So many great memories come from songs and Sherry's choices are wonderful to add to our lists!

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
Blessings

1 comment:

Sherry Carter said...

Thank you for posting this, Carole! I picked songs that make me smile and laugh. But none of them top the truth of the Christmas hymns!

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...