Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What Did I Do With My Summer?

What Have I Done With My Summer?

misThat is the question, is it not for all of us?

"The Joy of Harvest" from Isaiah
  • Vacations: besides the fun and joy of being with family, did I do what I could to encourage my loved ones toward godliness? Did I lift up their spirits? Did I speak words of kindness rather than criticism? Did I show appreciation for the glorious scenery, the wonder of their smiles and the good times?


  • Church Camps: Did I do my part in celebrating the spirit of revival in hearts? Did I take the time to speak to those fighting trials and disheartening times? Did I enthusiastically participate in events to encourage others to do the same? 



  • Home Life: Did I keep up with devotions? Did I ask for help when needed, whether from my God or from others who were willing to do so? Did I accomplish what I planned on doing throughout these weeks? Have I grown spiritually, mentally, and even physically (by keeping up with the right training and eating for me?


  • Ministry Work: Whether in weekly church services and/or events such as Vacation Bible School, etc., or special services of music or ministry, did I volunteer willingly? Did I put my all into the work, or begrudgingly complain that I was too busy; why couldn't someone else do something? Was my heart totally lifted up to HIM in obedience? 



Can I say positively "yes" to all these questions (and more)? Probably not. Have I learned lessons I needed through these past three months that have taught me to be more willing, less out-spoken, more encouraging, etc? I hope so. 

Whether we had a busy, constantly on-the-go summer or quiet, relaxing times alone, we need to be vigilant in keeping ourselves ready and obedient to harvest what God has for us. 

And it's never too late! :)  Autumn is coming--the time of reaping. Let us look forward to good times ahead. 

Abundant blessings!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Great questions for all of us! Blessings to you too!

Unknown said...

Great questions we all need to ask ourselves.

Arlene said...

Those are great questions we all need to do.

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...