Wednesday, December 06, 2017

I Really Do Love All These Things!

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things.



Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
--From the Sound of Music



I know some people do not like this song, but really...?





What's not to love?
Raindrops on roses? Have you ever seen that drop of water on a velvety flower petal?
Copper kettles gleaming in the light?
And mittens keeping your fingers are warm and snuggly?
and I totally love brown paper packages! 

But that's not all! I also love:
Ponies and especially cream colored ones. 
Anything with apples.
Bells? yes! 
And hubby and I still adore watching  the geese flying and predicting winter's moods.

My loves don't stop there!
Adorable young girls with preening and all dressed up in their white dresses and sashes.
Pretending to be princesses and royalty...
And as much as I dislike the severe cold weather, 
I still enjoy watchng lazy, huge snowflakes falling and clinging.
And when winter melts into spring?
The best part yet! 

By the way,
these are just a few of my favorite things.


Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...