Friday, November 30, 2018

Rambling Friday: Snowy Days and Cold, cold Nights

I went to bed last night with the sound of rain pelting the roof. This morning I woke to a white world: snow! And cold!

I love the snow; 
I've always thought it beautiful. 
Ice skating, 
snowball fights, 
sled riding. 
Crisp air. 
Ruby cheeks. 

Boots and sweaters.
Colorful mittens and fur-lined gloves.
Warm colorful hats. 
Snuggly blankets.

Cocoa and chocolate.
Fresh baked cookies
Mouth-watering soups.
Monstrous sandwiches.

Winter, beautiful, but cold. 
Winter, fun but dangerous driving.
Winter, a God-given season.

Happy winter, my friends!

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...