Friday, June 14, 2019

Rambling Friday: Boys are Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Snips and Snails and puppy dog tails,
That's what little boys are made of.

So goes the old 19rh century nursery rhyme. 

Really?
Little boys think the grossest things are nice.
Like fishing worms and other "ugh" creatures.
I saw my grandson handling worms the other day as if it was nothing.
He sweetly asked me if I wanted to hold one. 

Uh, no.
As a grandmother who adores her grandsons, there are limits! 



I adore children who love animals.
Watching my own sons and now my youngest grandson
loving the animals in his life,
it truly warms my heart.
Best friends, he and his dog.



Diligently searching for what he wants,
whether it's the Easter eggs
mushrooms
or 
the perfect walking stick,
he has it down pat!



Ah, his gentle heart.
Love the wilted, most beautiful flowers in the world
that he gives me.



Even when he fails,
I admire his determination
to try and try again.
A spirit that won't quit.
Yes!


Children are the best!

Whether he's reading his books
or having some fun,
Asleep in his bed, or awake with some noise,
He's God's gift to me--and
I thank Him for boys!
by Carole Brown
copyrighted

No comments:

Sunday Morning Sunshine: Autumn's Bright Blue Weather

 Autumn's Bright Blue Weather --Helen Hunt Jackson O suns and skies and clouds of June, And flowers of June together, Ye cannot rival fo...